Schluter®-DITRA and DITRA-XL are specifically designed for ceramic and stone tile installations. DITRA and DITRA-XL provide uncoupling to prevent cracked tile and grout. Made of polyethylene, DITRA and DITRA-XL serve as a waterproofing layer that protects moisture-sensitive substrates, such as plywood/OSB. Free-space on the underside of the matting provides a route for excess moisture and vapor to prevent damage to the tile layer above. DITRA and DITRA-XL perform all these functions while still providing adequate support/load distribution for the tile covering.
- Provides uncoupling, waterproofing, vapor management, and heavy load distribution to ensure the durability and integrity of tile installations
- DITRA has a nominal 1/8″ (3 mm)-thickness which minimizes tile assembly thickness and reduces transitions to lower surface coverings
- DITRA-XL is 5/16” (7 mm)-thick to create an even transition between typical 5/16” (7 mm)-thick tile and 3/4” (19 mm)-thick hardwood flooring
- DITRA-XL allows for ceramic tile application over single layer plywood/OSB subfloors on joists spaced at 24” (610 mm) o.c.
- Can be installed on top of concrete, plywood, OSB, gypsum, existing vinyl floors, structural planks, sub-floors, and radiant heated floors
- Features a grid structure of square cutback cavities and an anchoring fleece laminated to the underside which is bonded to the surface of the substrate and prevents thin-set from filling the cavities
- Quick and easy to install; few tools required and ready to receive tile immediately
. Ditra Uncoupling Membrane is stocked in 16’5″, 45’5″, 98’5″ by 3’3″ rolls.
Schluter®-DITRA is a polyethylene membrane with a grid structure of square cavities, each cut back in a dovetail configuration, and an anchoring fleece laminated to the underside. The anchoring fleece is embedded in thin-set mortar to provide a mechanical bond to the substrate. Tile is installed over DITRA using the thin-bed method in such a way that the mortar becomes mechanically anchored in the square, cutback cavities of the matting. Designed specifically for ceramic tile and dimension stone installations, DITRA serves as an uncoupling layer, waterproofing membrane, and vapor management layer that accommodates moisture from beneath the tile covering. Further, DITRA performs all these functions while still providing adequate support/load distribution for the tile covering. The combination of these four essential functions allows for the successful installation of tile over a wide range of substrates, including plywood/ OSB, concrete, gypsum, heated floors, etc. DITRA is 1/8" (3 mm) thick, which minimizes tile assembly thickness and reduces transitions to lower surface coverings (e.g., carpet, engineered wood, and vinyl). DITRA allows for ceramic tile application over single-layer plywood or OSB subfloors on joists spaced up to 19.2" (488 mm) o.c.
DITRA provides reliable waterproofing in interior applications. Its polyethylene composition protects the substrate from moisture penetration, which is particularly important in today’s building environment where most substrates are moisture-sensitive.