Mapeguard UM is a premium-performance, lightweight, waterproofing and vapor-pressure-equalizing underlayment membrane that provides crack suppression for use under ceramic tile and stone installations, for both residential and commercial applications. It is designed to perform over challenging substrates, such as young concrete and single-layer 3/4″ (19 mm) plywood subfloors with joist spacing of up to 19.2″ (49 cm) on center. The unique engineered tri-layered design of Mapeguard UM absorbs lateral stress from the substrate without transferring this force to the tile or stone, which maintains exceptional bonds.
Stocked in 53.8 & 323 sf rolls.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS
• Prevents transmission of in-plane substrate cracks up to 1/8″ (3 mm)
• Recommended for use with polymer-modified mortars
• Fast Track Ready™: Approved for use over young (green) concrete and mortar beds
• Time-saving: Embed membrane then install tile immediately
• Engineered cavity design allows easy single-pass filling of surface core with less mortar
• Uncoupling, waterproofing and water vapor membrane up to 25 lbs. (11,3 kg) MVER and 100% relative humidity
• Compression resistance to support rolling loads
• Approved for radiant-heating applications
• Light green, translucent color shows mortar coverage under membrane
• Reduced “roll memory” and unique tri-layer construction keep membrane flat.
• Lightweight for easy handling and fast installation
• Easy to cut with standard utility knife
• Chalk and laser lines easily visible on surface
• Mesh-fabric top layer makes it easy to fill cavities with mortar