- ECO Prim Grip is a ready-to-use, low-VOC, synthetic resin-based primer with bond-promoting silica aggregates suspended in a dispersion. It enhances the performance and adhesion of mortars to existing ceramics and difficult-to-bond substrates, plus it improves bonding of self-leveling underlayments (SLUs) and bonds of render coats over cementitious substrates. Suitable for a wide variety of substrates, ECO Prim Grip combines excellent versatility with an easy, low-odor application.
Stocked 1 Gal. Units
• Interior and exterior applications
• Use over ceramic tile, porcelain tile, vinyl composition tile (VCT), natural stone or exterior-grade plywood substrate before applying polymer-modified mortars or SLUs.
• Use over substrates that have a residue of well-bonded old cutback adhesive, floor-covering adhesive or polyurethane adhesive. Refer to the “Surface Preparation” section below.
• Use to improve the bond of SLUs on nonabsorbent surfaces such as ceramic tile, cement terrazzo and nature-stone floors.
• Use before application of SLUs over sound and stable concrete substrates, whether they are smooth and nonabsorbent, or profiled and absorbent.
• Suitable for improving the bond of all types of cement render coats on concrete, brickwork and concrete block substrates