Ultraplan 1 Plus is a quick-setting, self-leveling, self-drying underlayment and repair mix for interior concrete and engineer-approved floors. Ultraplan 1 Plus has high strength and is abrasion-resistant, able to withstand light foot traffic after 2 to 3 hours and vehicular rubber-wheel traffic after 3 days. Stocked in grey 50# bags.
WHERE TO USE
• For leveling, smoothing and repairing of interior residential or commercial floors before the installation of flooring systems or floor coverings.
• For use over radiant-heated floors or to encapsulate hydronic or electric radiant-heated floors
• Interior, residential applications (such as rental apartments, condominiums and homes)
• Interior, commercial applications (such as office buildings, hotel rooms/ hallways, restaurants and cafeterias)
• Interior, heavy-commercial applications (such as hotel lobbies, convention centers, airports, shopping malls, grocery stores and department stores)
• Interior, institutional applications (such as hospitals, schools, universities, libraries and government buildings)
• Sound, dimensionally stable, fully cured concrete at least 28 days old and free from hydrostatic pressure
• Well-bonded and dimensionally stable ceramic tile, porcelain tile, quarry tile, natural stone, vinyl composition tile (VCT), cement, epoxy-based moisture barriers and epoxy terrazzo
• Properly installed cement backer units
• Durable, sound, stable and fully cured cement-based mortar beds
• Engineer-approved plywood or oriented strand board (OSB) subfloors in accordance with the most recent edition of the Tile Council of North America’s F185 specification. Before a MAPEI underlayment is applied over plywood flooring, ASTM C847 specifications for finished flooring, load, use and/or deflection may require a synthetic lath such as Mapelath™ or an appropriate diamond mesh on top of the primed surface.
• Existing nailed-down wood flooring (including plank wood subfloors, strip wood subfloors or nailed-down solid wood flooring) that has been covered over with at least one layer of 5/8" (16 mm) plywood, glued and screwed
• Gypsum-based underlayments Consult MAPEI’s Technical Services Department for installation recommendations regarding substrates and conditions not listed.