Schluter®-KERDI-BOARD is a multifunctional tile substrate and building panel, which can also be used in bonded waterproofing assemblies with tile. KERDI-BOARD allows you to quickly and easily build tile-ready elements in showers, bathtub surrounds and platforms, countertops, vanities, shelving, and more!
- Fosters creativity in the construction of bonded waterproofing assemblies to be tiled
- Build custom vanities, shelving units, countertops, bathtub surrounds, and so much more
- Replaces other suitable solid backing panels (i.e. gypsum board, cement backer board)
- Even, impact-resistant, and rigid
- Waterproof, thermally insulating and dimensionally stable
- Lightweight, easy to handle and transport
- Contains no cement or fiberglass for a dust-free installation
- Extruded polystyrene foam panel
- Fleece webbing for effective bonding of tile to the surface
- Stocked in; 1/2″ x 4′ x 5’4″, 1/2″ x 4′ x 8′, 1 1/2″ x 4′ x 8′, 2″ x 24 1/2″ x 96″
Schluter®-KERDI-BOARD is a multifunctional tile substrate and building panel, which can also be used for creating bonded waterproofing assemblies with tile coverings. It consists of an extruded polystyrene foam panel, with a special reinforcement material on both sides and fleece webbing for effective anchoring in thin-set mortar. With the available panel thicknesses of 3/16", 3/8", 1/2", 5/8", 3/4", 1", 1-1/2", and 2" (5, 9, 12.5, 15, 19, 25, 38, and 50 mm), KERDI-BOARD allows the installer to prepare and create a broad range of substrates and building elements for the installation of ceramic and natural stone tile that are flat, level, plumb, square, and dimensionally stable. With suitable preparation of the abutting seams and joint areas, the panel may be used for bonded waterproofing assemblies. The boards are simply cut to size with a utility knife. The gridlines, which are printed on the surface, are helpful for neat and quick cuts and installation. Tiles can be installed directly over KERDI-BOARD using the thin-set method.